I've made one blog in my entire life, and that was only last semester. And I did an awful job of keeping up with it. Thankfully, a new semester means a new start. And seeing as how one of my passions in life (besides music and earrings) is people--helping and learning about people, that is--a class blog that fuels my interest is the key to arresting my chronic hyperactivity long enough for me to actually post one.
So, why am I writing? My name is Sara, and my mission in life is to love other people. To treat them fairly and make decisions with justice in mind. I want to learn about the men and women and children that cross my path. Humans are flawed, and thus their impact and influence on the people around them aren't always positive. And here lies what engages me most: how does one's past affect his choices in life? How does the way she has been treated affect how she treat people, and why? But most importantly, how does a person grow from their roots without letting their roots strangle them?
And so, a quote. Yes, a cliche note to end on, but it's cliche for a reason, right? Quotes provide insight from those magnanimous people stored away in the history and literature books. Quotes are for those who want to learn from others before making their own mistakes, before making the decision of who they set out to be. Sorry, I digress.
“The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.” --Albert Einstein
I'm ready to do something about it.
~~ Sara
Looks like you are off to a good start!
ReplyDeleteGreat question you posed about our roots/past experiences and going forward (or running like mad in the opposite direction from our past).
It seems history has everything to do with advocacy and making a difference.
The quote by Einstein is powerful (and I might add that he was dyslexic!)
;)
Great start, indeed.